Thursday, January 18, 2007

It's finished...

I have just added the final page to my Christmas journal and it's ---> officially finished!! Well...page and page...it's more like half-a-page really. LOL! I needed to get the right number of pages in my journal. If I had made a "normal" page as the last one, I would have had to do another one to go on the "back" of that one too...so that didn't really work out.

Instead I made a smaller page, which I glued onto the inside of the back cover of my journal. I only wanted it to sum up why I did the journal in the first place. So I didn't really need that much space for journaling or anything. I have used huge bookrings and the finished journal is about 8 centimetres (3 inches) thick!!!

I can't believe that's it. I know I have said I didn't really enjoy doing the last few pages as it felt a bit strange to do Christmas things now. But today, adding the last few bits to my journal I feel a bit like "now what?" LOL! Maybe I will finally have time to read my latest issues of Creating Keepsakes and Scrapbooks Etc properly! And it will be nice to getting back to making some "proper" layouts again too...

Looking out of the window, the weather is C-R-A-Z-Y here today!!! It's so wet and dark and I really can't find words to describe just HOW windy it is here!!! I'm amazed the house is still standing. Bins have blown everywhere into the streets here, car alarms are constantly going off and I keep hearing sirens almost all the time (and no, I'm not joking!). Sitting here feeling a bit worried because Ross is driving all the way up from London as I type this after being on a course. Not happy with him being on the roads for hours when the weather is like this. I spoke to him earlier on the phone and he said the traffic news, which is normally a minute or so was over 10 (!!) minutes long because of the bad weather and all the problems it's causing. Not good, not good at all...

7 comments:

Latharia said...

Your cover is just delightful! I also somehow wound up being off by a page, and like you, my album is already so thick, I decided to do a half-page type thing! I love how yours turned out!

Flapsi said...

well done on finishing - all looks great!

Lisa said...

Well done on completing it – I think your journal is lovely!

I have all the prompts downloaded and I wrote replies and ideas for each one in a diary but so far have not done anything “creative” with any of it so I am full of admiration for you! I still hope to be able to complete something – bring a bit of Christmas into spring maybe!!!

Your pages are great – I have been checking them out on the written down blog as you have uploaded them and liked every one.

Well done!

Eleni Gratsia said...

What a beautiful cover ... a lovely ending to a fab book ... Congratulations Anso!!

Kel said...

Congratulations on finishing, it looks great!

Kel x

Anonymous said...

I have been so busy this week but was looking forward to seeing your finished journal this weekend and here it is, lovely! Well done Anso, its not easy completing a project 'out of season' but it looks well worth the effort :D Its been a pleasure following it.

andrea said...

this is awesome! can you show us the inside pages ;)??
Thanks for sharing!!!
Andrea