Friday, May 25, 2007

Doing my own title & journaling block...

Sitting here trying to get started on a layout but it just won't work. Maybe it's something to do with me trying to scrap a Christmas photo in May? LOL! I don't know. All I know is that no ideas are coming to me. So I have opened the window and put on some happy music (no not Christmas music!! Not at this time of year LOL!) and thought I'd do some blogging before I have another go...

Yesterday I picked up a white paper and some pens and started making my own journaling block and title for a page. I really had no intention of using it. Only to see what I could come up with. The I started colouring it in a bit...and by this stage I thought I might as well use it on a layout. So I did.

You know when you do something yourself...like doodling etc...and it looks so "childish" to you? But when someone else does something similar it looks so arty? Yes I think you know what I mean!! Well, because I have done this journaling block and title, I find it very hard to see beyond my own doodling and get an objective opinion of what I really think of this layout. So the answer is ---> I'm not sure. Still, it's done and I thought I might as well share it with you - your choice to like it or to laugh at it.

*and she returns to the impossible task of the layout that does not want to be made*

8 comments:

Stacy said...

I'm a big fan of handwritten titles and journal blocks. It just takes so darn much time! This looks great though... it's not childish at all. Very cool!

Anonymous said...

Ok I am going to step out and say that it would make a very nice stamp and then you could handwrite your own journaling inside...hmmm what do you think? I would buy it...

Gail Is This Mutton? said...

That's a gorgeous LO really bright and lively.

Sarah said...

Great LO! I think the handwritten title gives it a great personal touch.

Sarah Youde said...

It looks fab! I know what you mean, I have put a lo on my blog where I have handwritten the title in a similar way (except it says Cheese!) and I was feeling the same - I like it but... I drew it so not sure if it looks rubbish or not lol.

Unknown said...

It looks so neat & arty to me -- wish I could doodle like that -- you wouldn't have put it on a page if you didn't like it -- the whole page is terrific.
I love the arrow. great photos too !!
Only a scrapper would take such photos.
Christmas LO is calling .............

StarGazer said...

I know exactly what you mean but I think it's fab :D

Anonymous said...

Have to say, they are beautiful Anso. They're as good as some I've bought in digi shops... xx