Sunday, September 30, 2007

Off-line at the weekend...

I am so used to blogging every day that I almost feel like I need to apologise for not being on-line this weekend. LOL! But we've had the best weekend!!! My parents came over from Sweden to stay with us for the weekend. So there as been lots of "sightseeing" done, walks, eating out (and cooking at home) and photos taken. Really we have had a great time! And I feel a little sad now because we have only just dropped them off at the airport. Still, that is something you can't avoid and totally normal to feel like that.

I'm sitting here typing this and looking at two surprise gifts which they brought for me. A 320GB LaCie external harddrive (designed by Porsche!! - how cool) Wow am I happy!! I only mentioned in a conversation to dad that an external harddrive was something that I really wanted/needed. I wanted an additional back-up for our photos on top of keeping them on the computer and backing up on DVDs. I had no idea that they'd gone and bought one for me. Also he must have really listened and remembered what I said because I mentioned I was running out of USB ports. (Using 4 on the back of my docking station and 4 on a USB hub). As a surprise they had also bought me a new USB hub with 7 (!!) ports. So I'm such a happy girl!!!

And if that wasn't enough of nice things, on Friday my Magnolia stamps from Sweden also turned up. But I have to confess that I have not looked at them yet. I wanted to spend all my time with mum and dad. But I'm hoping that I can sit down tomorrow and stamp them all and show you which ones I picked.

Now I'm off to catch up on all my mail and forums etc. I think I will curl up in the sofa with my laptop on my knee...

5 comments:

Maggie said...

Sounds like you had a fun weekend Anso - and two great surprise presents from your parents.

As I'm still waiting for some stamps directly from Magnolia do you think you could let me know when you ordered yours? Many thanks

Maggie

Anonymous said...

Hi Anso! My name is Juanita and I live in Florida, USA. It's great to stumble across your blog! I want to say that I came across the exploding box class first and I am so impressed! (and excited, I can't wait to make one!) Thank you, thank you, thank you SO MUCH for your classes! I can't wait to get started!

Unknown said...

you mean there are two Margaret's on your site . . . . . . . who is a lucky girl with your mum & dad visiting & leaving you with such a surprise . . . . . . noice !!!

Anonymous said...

so glad you had a good time with your family :)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a lovely weekend. What great gifts.