Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Yummy Stash...

Feels like it was ages ago since I bought some stash. Yesterday was a really stressful day with lots and lots (and lots!) of things to get done. So it was nice when a little parcel from the US turned up in the afternoon. Glitter & metallic Thickers (yum!!!!), some chipboard, MM journaling books, a scalloped paper and several Fontwerks stamps :)

I think I have got a lot better at buying stash and actually concentrating on what I *will* use... Rather than buying things for the sake of "love the colours", "cute pattern", "I just neeeed etc". Going back a year ago, I tended to mainly buy patterned papers. They are relatively "cheap" as far as stash goes and it feels like you get a lot for your money. But of course you then find yourself missing things for titles, embellishments etc when you scrap. Took a while for it to sink in LOL! Anyway, slowly, with time I have learnt what I use and not. So I'm trying to be good and think "how much will I use this?" before I add something to my shopping cart. And I'm getting there - the technique really works...

I was sitting the other day trying to list what are featured on most of my layouts and came up with a list smiliar to this: Thickers (often a mix of two types), staples, ribbons, chalk ink, general stamps, journaling stamps/blocks, doodling etc. Now compare this to my shopping above! Pretty good, eh? Thickers, journaling stamps and journaling pads. :) I use them soooo much since I started trying to avoid my printer for journaling and doing it buy hand. I hate my writing, but somehow writing within a stamped journaling block is so much easier!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

What is the store you got your stuff from today?

x

Samm said...

Ditto above poster - I want sparkly thickers! journaling pads! mmm...in fact - could you just forward your parcel to me - that would save on the too much stash thing wouldn't it?! ;)
Samm x

Anonymous said...

Yummy looking stash!!! I wish I had ordered some of the glitter thickers but then I'm not scrapping so they'd get wasted! I will have to see if Jill gets some nice new stuff soon though!

Nina said...

Ohhh Lovely stash! I am getting better at buying as well. I suppose you have to working in a scrapbooking shop!

stephanie said...

wow where are the glitter thickers from?? i need some!