Thursday, April 24, 2008

My Little Project...

Before showing you my little project from yesterday I just wanted to answer Bunnymommy who asked about this layout. I got the "perfect squares" by using the 2" square punch by Woodware :)

Onto my project... I was in the kitchen drying some dishes the other evening when my eyes fell on these little hooks (for towels, oven gloves etc) we have on the side of a kitchen unit. It suddenly dawned on me that the plastic bag we have for our clothes pegs was not the prettiest sight and that maybe I could so something about it...

So a purchase of fabric and some cord later and I was ready to go. I decided to go for a really happy-summery fabric since clothes pegs are essentially a summer thing...and let's face it, how fun is it to hang washing? So anything to make you smile, right? :) And what better than some cute owls! So out my sewing machine came and this is what I came up with. A simple drawstring bag to hold the pegs.

Much better, eh? And yes I am very aware of that it needs a round with the iron. I'm working on it. Kinda. You know. Sometime it will happen. I think. Maybe.

4 comments:

Nina said...

That looks fabby! I have been planning to make a new peg bag for ages, you have just given me a kick up the bum to do it!

Anonymous said...

Awww thats so cute!!! What a fab idea

Anonymous said...

Cute fabric Anso where did you get it from.

Anonymous said...

That bag is seriously cute! Is there no end to your talents?!?