Thursday, September 18, 2008

Cupcakes album...

I have been doing some more work on my "Cupcakes" album today. :) The next step was to make and decorate the cover...

The white cardstock that you can see below is the cover - with a reinforced chipboard spine covered by pretty star paper. I have also made chipboard copies of the front and back and covered them with the same paper. They will go on the inside to make it sturdier.

I turned my cover over and decided to start by covering it in old book pages. This would follow the look of some of the inside pages. I went with the same cupcake stamps as before and a "Smile" stamp by Heidi Swapp.


Time to play with my Twinkling H2Os. I'm so glad I remembered that I had these when I was looking for something to colour my pages with :)

The next step is to add a button/ribbon to close the book and to bind the pages inside. So that's what I'm off to do now :)

Edited to add: forgot to say that the cupcake stamps are by Maya Road.

9 comments:

Paula's ponderings said...

I really like what you have created here! Gorgeous!

Lynette Jacobs said...

Beautiful Anso...so you made your own complete cover...I like it.

Hugs
Lynette
South Africa

almadr said...

WOw wow wow - beautiful

Col said...

Oooooh that looks so fun!! It's coming along so awesome, I can't wait to see the finished product!

Vanessa said...

This is going to be awesome! I can't wait to see how it turns out.

Anonymous said...

SO cute! I can't wait to see the finished product.

Becca said...

Oh wow!! Fantastic!! Can't wait to see it finished!!

Monique said...

This looks so cute! Love it!

DawnMarch said...

oh, how cool is that! Really great work!