Tuesday, March 24, 2009

A Little "Just Because" Card...

First of all, thanks so much for all the replies to the melon question. Some great tips there, I really appreciate it :) We have a Cantaloupe in the fridge at the moment so I will try the tricks out on that one. :)

This morning I have been making cards. As part of my work for the Sweet Shoppe Creative Team. This cute border kit caught my eye a few days back and since Fee Jardine was one of my "assigned designers" for this month, it was perfect :)

The card idea came to me straight away when I saw how Fee had decided to display the borders in her kit preview picture. It's a technically pretty easy card to make but it does take some time with some slightly fiddly measuring and working everything out to the right size plus some detailed cutting etc.

[Supplies: Shorties - Fee Jardine (SSD)]

The paper strips are attached to the card using foam pads to make them 3D and the "hi" is some foam Thickers alphabet stickers.

On a much, much sadder note... My aunt's burial is taking place today... :(

No comments: