Friday, March 20, 2009

Super Cute Papers...

I couldn't resist working with these super cute papers from Prima, that I got earlier in the month, any longer:

It was so nice just to play around with them and doing a layout "just because" rather than using a specific kit for something DT related or similar. I must take the time to do this more often :)

The layout features a photo I took of my sister and her baby daughter in December in Sweden and the Prima collection fit this perfectly :)

To change the subject completely. Fruit. To be precise - melons. Anyone know any tricks for telling a when a melon is ripe please? (Apart from the obvious - cut and taste LOL!) We've bought some recently and they have been very hit and miss. A honeydew from one shop - quite green, hard and no taste when I cut it open. A honeydew from the same shop next week and perfect, pale yellow and tasty. If you know any trick to know if/when a melon is ripe please, please share :) I'm off to try and search on the net...

Hope you're all having a great Friday :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think if you smell a melon and it smells sweet it will normally be ripe inside... could be that I've made this up though!

Tasha said...

Wow i love the papers and think you have used them really brilliantly
love tasha xx

Just Sew Sue said...

Smell the melon, so scent not ripe. Also press the bottom of the melon at the opposite point to the stalk and if it's ripe, it'll give.