Tuesday, June 09, 2009

A Month Of Colour...

I'm not sure if you have seen the "A Month Of Colour" inspiration at Shimelle's blog but it's certainly given me some inspiration!

Over the last few days she's posted some scrapping challenges, some of which I have already done but not taken photos of yet (there's a surprise!) and this week it's all about colour photos. She encouraged us to find colour in our spaces. To get the camera out and snap anything we saw in the specific colour. The first colour is: green!

Now green is NOT a very hard colour for me to find. It's my favourite colour. Always has been and always will be. If there's a choice of colour, I pick green. Even the lids on our plastic food boxes are green (I wonder why? :)) and the first photo is a, not very fun one I guess, photo of my pasta salad for today's lunch. But really, most coloured things in our kitchen are green: mixing bowls, plates, colander...even as far as the potato peeler & ice-cream scoop!

Next I went into the living room and spotted this Yankee Candle. I love Yankee Candles in general and this is actually one of my top 10 favourites.

...the book that I started reading yesterday evening is mainly green on the cover and totally green on the spine. I can totally promise that I do not pick my books after colour though...LOL!

My Cuttlebug! I can not forget my Cuttlebug. I love it and I love the green colour. Seriously I was so pleased to see that someone decided to make it green. If there had been a colour choice I would have picked this anyway :)

My little iPod Nano which I got, quite a few years ago now, from my mum & dad for my birthday. Despite me having an iPod Touch now (which is technically a big upgrade) I still keep using my pretty green Ipod. It's on my desk playing music through my little portable speakers every day.

...some Sassafras stash which just happened to be lying on my desk in a pile - from my scrapping session yesterday.

...and finally, as I was taking these photos my camera ran out of batteries. Time to add some newly charged ones and, you guessed it ---> they are green. :)

I'm looking forward to seeing what the next colour is. As I said, green is VERY easy for me. Give me yellow or purple (or indeed a lot of other colours) and I might really start to struggle...we'll see...

2 comments:

Yeong Shong said...

Hooray to green! I love green too. Just got my cuttlebug a couple of days earlier and I love the colour too.

Kim Dellow said...

Fabulous green :) Kim