Sunday, June 21, 2009

Not Sure That I Like This...

You know when you do a layout and nothing works? Well this is it...

I started off doing this layout for Shimelle's blue colour challenge as the photo is mainly a blue background. However I never got it to work. I added a few bits, removed a few bits....everything look cluttered...nothing stood out...everything blended into one big busy messy look. I left it for a day. Added some more. Still not happy. In the end I decided to finish it but I still don't like it.

At first I was not going to add it to my blog. But then I thought: why not? I think it's good to show that we all have these days when nothing works on a layout and no matter what you do it's doomed. For me, the biggest problem with this one (apart from the photo) is that it has no focal point. It's too busy and nothing stands out. I think if I was to redo it I would change the background. Still have a patterned paper but a more calm one. Maybe an orange one with little white dots or something...and then I would fit in a title above the photo, near the "totally special" stamp. With this background it just wouldn't have worked and it would have created even more of a mess LOL! :)

1 comment:

Kel said...

I think you're right. Sharing the LOs that don't work reminds us that we all have those days, and may even help new scrapbookers figure out what's frustrating them in their own LOs.