Thursday, October 22, 2009

Week 3 - Layout 2...

As I was ending my post yesterday I said I was off to try and finish this week's layout for Ali Edwards' class. The first week had no layout work so this is technically the second (double) layout for the class. I see on the photo that the coloums don't look 100% straight... that's purely my fault with the camera + PSE, it's totally straight in reality :)

The layout Ali showed us was very "simple" in design. Really just the words + photos focus that she promotes and I love. For me, in terms of a layout, it's maybe a bit too simple (I mean for my normal style) but on the other hand I can also say that I'm extremely grateful to Ali for this layout assignment.

I have got some of the old scanned slides printed and I have written down 6 separate memories/moments from my childhood. Things that I most likely would not have come around to scrapping about, any time soon, maybe never. And having written these down makes me so, so happy! So even though the design doesn't have me running around the house in excitement, this definitely goes into the pile as one of the most important layouts I have made :) Love it!

3 comments:

Liberty :) said...

Great idea! I ahve stopped stressing about the layout these days and just get the picture and the words down. I like quick pages I am so impatient! This is a great one well done anso :)

Meghan said...

What a great idea! Great blog too! I'm not a "follower"!

Meghan
www.mygreatretreat.com
www.tuckerstaketennessee.blogspot.com

Lauren said...

So nice to see your layout, I am only 1/2 finished with mine (I am also taking Ali's class but i found you through Shimelle's blogging class... lol)