Sunday, December 20, 2009

Day 6...

Onto Day 6 of my Christmas Journal...

On the left side you see the back of Day 5. It's the brown page you can see with the little photo at the top. The Santa peeking from behind is from Day 3. Anyway. Day 5 was all about counting down to Christmas. I journal about our different ways. Three ways this year. An advent calendar which I made last year, a date candle and also the Swedish tradition of 4 advent candles in a special advent candle holder.

Heading over onto the right page you can see another photo of two of the candles lit (2nd of advent) and I've journaled about our tradition to celebrate advent. I know this is a religious thing from the start, but in Sweden this is huge and something that most households do... I think now mostly because it's a Christmas tradition rather than for the religious reasons. We do it purely because it's part of our Christmas traditions and always has been :)

1 comment:

Luschka said...

How long before December do you start working on your journal? It must take ages to put it all together? Also, do you end on the 25th or go all the way to the end of December? It's so creative - love it.