Saturday, July 31, 2010

Toads...

Went to Hull yesterday and spotted some strange coloured toad statues. What was this? As I had a few hours to spend and no real majorly important things to get done, I decided to go on a hunt and find out what this was all about...

The Tourist Information had a brochure on the project. "Larkin With Toads". Each toad was uniquely painted by different artists. There was a map detailing where to find each toad.

I decided to go on a hunt for them as I had my little camera with me in my bag...




One of the toads I went looking for was missing. I'm guessing it was in for some repair of some type. It said it was to return soon...









I only had about an hour so there was no way I'd manage to find all of them (40 I believe). Most of them are in the city centre so you can walk between them, but I think about 10 of them are outside so it's a car discovery for those.

I hope to go back and try and find some more of them (all?) before the exhibition ends...

2 comments:

Jessica said...

That sounds like fun. I used to collect the 'little' frogs/toads. Until that was all anyone every gave me as a gift! I stopped that pretty quickly. These guys are just adorable! I love the guy in the suit and glasses!

Sew, Scrap, Make said...

http://www.historichendersonville.org/bearfootin.htm

We do something simliar in our town, but they decorate bears. I think one year they did goats and called it "Kidding Around," but it wasn't as popular, so now they are back to bears. At the end of the season they auction them off, and the artists get new bears to start over.