Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Photo Book...

Back when we all had film cameras it was easy. There really wasn't a choice. When the film was full you took it (or sent it off) to a camera shop and had your film developed. Everyone had printed photos. Now we seem to be divided into two categories. The people who do have a lot of photos printed (inc us scrapbookers!) and the people who just leave their photos on the computer and have non or very few photos printed.

My parents kinda fit in the second category. They often view photos on the computers but very rarely have any printed. So for the last few years I have been putting my BIA (Bind-It-All machine) to good use doing something apart from scrap/minibooks...


I get a load of photos printed and then get to work with the double sided tape. It's a very simple thing to do... but despite it being simple it does take some time to do... and uses up a lot of DST! I went through a completely new roll of double sided tape and started on another LOL!

All photos are attached back to back. Then I make some covers using Bazzill cardstock and chipboard. I stamp and sign the back cover. The front is always the same on all photo books I make. Just different colours and different letter stickers. I always stick to the plain Bazzill cover with the circle going off to edges.


I use the BIA to bind it all together with a spiral (o-wire) and the book is done. A great little gift which I know my parents (and everyone else looking through them at their house) love a lot :)

1 comment:

Marja said...

This is such a great idea, I might have to do the same! I have lots of pics of the kids but am not into scrapbooking at the moment. Maybe I will print out all the photos I take and do this monthly and then print out a few photos that have more of a story to them and save them for another day when hopefully i want to scrap again!