Thursday, September 09, 2010

Reading...

I have been asked several times about my favourite books, book tips and what I'm reading at the moment. So I thought this would be a good time to mention a few books. And maybe even get some book tips back? That would be great please! :)

First of all, onto some of my all time favourite book series...

The Earth Children series (currently 5 books) by Jean M Auel. I have read these several times. The first time I think was when I was about 15 years old (of course the later books in the series had not been released then). I have them in both English and Swedish and I'm thinking about re-reading them soon again - maybe on my Kindle :)

The Twilight Saga by Stephenie Meyer. This is so unlike me. I read how people raved about these books all over the internet a long time before I tried them. I don't normally like "weird" books... and by "weird" I mean anything supernatural, paranormal etc. However eventually I decided to give them a chance. I ordered the first book from Amazon. The same day I received it and started reading it, I ordered the second book. The day after that, I ordered book 3 and 4 LOL! I was hooked. And again, because it's one of my all time faves, I have bought these books both in English and Swedish and have read them all several times.

Now you probably think I'm crazy, buying all my books in two different languages. That's not quite the case. I have only done this on three occasions, which leads me onto another favourite series, and the 3rd occassion when this happened...

Harry Potter by J.K Rowling. Again I was unsure whether I would like this or not. So I didn't start reading until the first four books had been released. I managed to find the 4 book box set to the bargain price of £10 brand new. And that was it. I was hooked on the magical world of Harry Potter. :)

Swapping the subject to some current reading, early in the year I enjoyed reading the Alex Cross series by James Patterson. Very quick read books! Having read these, I was recommended another book series...

...and over the summer I have enjoyed the 14 book series about Jack Reacher by Lee Child. Great books and I can't wait for the next one to be released!

So I finished the Jack Reacher books and felt a bit lost. I had read a big book series by James Patterson and then another big book series by Lee Child. Now what? I asked for some book advice on a Kindle message board and got recommended a series similar to Twilight...

My Blood Approves by Amanda Hocking. I'm currently reading the 3rd book, called Flutter, on my Kindle and it's very Twilight-like. I have already bought the 4th book (so I have it ready as soon as I finish the 3rd LOL!) and I'm really excited about that. Will there be more books in the series? I have no idea. I guess when I get to the end of book 4 it might become obvious, or not, depending on how it ends.

So please, as I totally love reading, do share with me what you're reading at the moment? What are your all time fave books? That would be so great to hear - thank you! :)

3 comments:

Liberty :) said...

Thanks for sharing Anso! I like the Southern Vampire Mysteries because they are based on my fave series - true blood (like an adult version of twilight!) They are a bit slow but I like the stories.

HP is also my all time favourite. I also like books by Katie Flynn, Joan Jonker etc. they are set in wartime Liverpool and I just like them a lot. Birdsong and Charlotte Grey by Sebastian Faulks are good too (both war-related). Memoirs of a Geisha was a surprisingly good read too - film was a big let down though.I'll keep thinking!

Marja said...

The Passage is meant to be good. DH read it and told me I'd really like it. I was also recommended The Help and then Room. I've started reading The Help but sadly don't read as often as I'd like so I'm only a few chapters in. So far so good. Thanks for your recommendations!

Anonymous said...

Trevlig blogg du har! Hittade hit idag via sökning på Exploding box. Tack för bra beskrivning.
Sista delen av Aylas äventyr (som kommer att heta Jordens barn på svenska) kommer 29 mars 2011, både på svenska och engelska! Ser med spänning fram emot upplösningen :-)
Kul att höra att det finns fler än jag som köper och läser Harry Potter både på engelska och svenska. Första boken har jag även på amerikansk engelska (den är ju översatt från brittisk till amerikansk engelska).