Saturday, May 21, 2011

Smash...

I'm so excited!! You too? The Smash journals have started shipping now - yay :)))

I've had my eye on these since the first whisper around CHA this year... Smash journals by K & Company / EK Success...

(Photos borrowed from the internet/Smashblog)

There seem to be four smash journals available right now (pink, black, blue and red). But the photo above clearly shows 6 different ones. So I'm not sure if two are released later maybe...? I really, really, really need to get my hands on that greeeeeen one!! :)))

First up, the pink one - soooo cute - is the "pretty one" :)

The journals are actually bigger than I first thought. Which I'm really pleased about :) Each journal has 40 pages and a pen and glue stick (this is a cool combined/double-ended pen!). Book size is 7.75" wide x 10.25" high. Which is just less than 20 cm by 26 cm. So nearly European A4 size :)

The black journal is the "mod version" and described as being very "hip"! Love the inside... maybe not so much the outside. I'm a happy bright colour kinda person :) But the pages inside look great!

Then comes the blue one - love this blue colour (!!) - which has a retro feel.

Apart from the journals, the collection also has lots of other fun things: spare pens/glue sticks, huge rubber bands, fun tapes, tabs, envelopes, metal clips etc. Seriously - SO much fun stuff that you don't know where to start looking!
And finally the red one - the doodle version. Even though the blue and pink would be the ones that appeal to me most because of the cover colours, I wonder if the red one might be the one I like best inside...? We'll see. Hard to decide when you have only seen a few sample pictures of it...

Anyway my order is in (though a few of the items I wanted had already sold out *sob*) and I really, really can't wait for it to arrive...!! :))) So excited!! Though it's coming from the US so I guess I have to try and be patient for a while more...

My head is spinning with loads of fun ideas for these Smash journals already :)

2 comments:

ShellyDee said...

I can not wait either! I have been so looking forward to this! I ordered the blue one in a "bundle" on Crafty Steals today-can't wait for it to arrive!!!

annotations said...

A few months ago, my favorite paper pusher told me about these and asked if I wanted to pre-order one. Sure! It came in last weekend and I'm so glad I pre-ordered because she sold out in a matter of MINUTES! The one she saved back for me was the red one and I think I'll like it just fine! I've even christened it by gluing in my receipt for it on the inside front cover. I believe they are bringing out the other colors after this initial launch. BTW Love your blog! I first came across it when looking at the "Exploding Box" class! Thanks for so much info and inspiration!