Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Trying Something New...

About 3 or so years ago I decided I wanted to try and knit myself a scarf. Knitting which I had not done... since school I think. Knitting which I could not remember how to do. I got mum to show me and I made a (if I can say so myself) a pretty good scarf. And enjoyed it so much that I decided to make one for my mum too for Christmas. Then I got busy with other things and the knitting was once again forgotten about...

Until the other week when I spotted this: the Martha Stewart Knit & Weave Loom Kit. Ooooh now that looked like fun :)

I tried to talk myself out of trying another craft. But the more I researched it on the internet, the more interested I got. Of course. So an order was placed...
I bought some yarn last week and I'm now attempting (yes you guessed it!) my first scarf using this knitting tool. The first few rows I found a bit fiddly. Trying to get used to it. But now I have really gotten into it and enjoy it a lot so far. And it's pretty fast too!

I'm still unsure how much I will use it (will my interest fade?) but I guess it's a tool that you have forever. And I already have three projects in mind LOL! So that should keep me busy for a while already... :)

1 comment:

Sharon B said...

Ok now can't wait to see post of your handy work , =)
how goes the scarf?